Before we learn more about the Blood Clot Disease. We will explain in advance about the blood clotting mechanism on our bodies. In fact, blood clotting is something beneficial for health. Blood clotting is a natural process that allows the blood to form clots of blood cells and fibrin to stop bleeding when a blood vessel deterioration or damage. If the body does not have the ability to freeze the blood, those with minor injuries will die because they bleed.
However, when a blood clot (thrombus) forms in the arteries can block blood flow to the heart muscle or brain, triggering a heart attack or stroke. Or, when blood is too long in the chambers of the heart (occurring in certain heart conditions), a clot can form, and part of the blood clot will be pumped through the bloodstream and clog on one organ or artery, cutting off blood supply from this point. This blockage is called an embolus.
There are many other conditions associated with blood clotting. Among others, can cause DISEASE, among others:
- Blood clotting involves coronary thrombosis in coronary arteries cause heart attacks.
- A blood clot in the vessels will make blood clots in the leg veins.
- A blood clot in the lung embolus would make blood clots in the arteries of the lungs.
- Congestion of retinal blood vessels will make blood clots in the vessels of the eye.
Symptoms of blood clots are based on where the blood clots are:
- In the lungs, the symptoms are sharp chest pain, rapid heart rate, blood tinged coughing, shortness of breath and mild fever.
- On the arm or leg, the symptoms are visual disturbances, weakness, decrease in a manner of speaking, a little swelling and a bluish color. If there is in the blood vessels, will cause swelling and bruising.
- In the brain, the symptoms are visual disturbances, weakness, decrease in a manner of speaking, lead to a stroke or event that insufficient blood supply to the brain for a while.
- The heart, the symptoms are chest pain of a heart attack. Blood clots formed in the heart can also be carried to the body’s other organs or arteries. Conditions that can cause blood clots forming in the heart include disorders of the heart valves, prior heart attack, atrial fibrillation and heart failure. Stomach, the symptoms is severe pain in the area of the abdomen, vomiting and / or diarrhea.
You should begin to be alert to the possibility of dangerous blood clots when subjected to the following matters:
- When your body feels sore and exercise can not eliminate it. When exercising, pain increasingly felt.
- When there is blood clotting or blocked blood vessels, usually part of the body will swell.
- If you often have leg cramps at night.
- If your feet start to turn white and blue.
- If the swollen area that feels hot and warm when you touch it.